Call us biased, but Toledo, the Glass City, is definitely the best city to visit in the Midwest.
From our Midwestern hospitality and Toledo Mud Hens to our rich glass-making history, arts scene, and beautiful Metroparks, there are tons of fun things to do that’ll have you yearning to pick up a souvenir to remember the Glass Capital of the World.
Want to head back in time to the Libbey House where the glass history all started? Or is the modern Glass Pavilion more your jam? Not to mention the Libbey Glass outlet and our favorite independent glass makers, Gathered Glass and Firenation.
Whatever your preference is, you’ll have a blast and you’ll only need help on what gifts and handmade Toledo items to bring home with you.
As experts on the Glass City, we're the best folks to show you:
- Awesome Glass City souvenirs to take you back to the good times you had here
- Great ideas for gift-giving that'll make the Toledo memories last
- Interesting stories about Toledo culture and identity to inform your purchases
1 - Wear Your Toledo Pride With a Glass City Toledo Shirt
Can you imagine igniting the identity of an entire city with just one book?
That's precisely what Jesup W. Scott accomplished, and it's a legacy that lives on today in Toledo, Ohio—also known as the glass capital of the world.
Back in 1868, Scott wrote a book that convinced Toledo's founding fathers to invest in natural gas and attract the attention of renowned industrialist Edward Drummond Libbey.
In exchange for free land and affordable fuel, Libbey set up shop in Toledo and helped transform it into a hub of industrial glass production, inspiring the Glass City moniker.
Today, 200-year-old glass companies like Libbey Inc. continue to thrive in the area.
But the Glass City’s influence on glass doesn't stop there. The city is also a hotbed for both traditional and modern glass artistry. In fact, Toledo was the birthplace of the Studio Glass Movement, which started in 1962.
The Glass Pavilion at the Toledo Museum of Art is home to one of the world's most impressive glass collections with over 5,000 art pieces.
With all these reasons to inspire the Glass City nickname, it's only natural that we at Jupmode honor Toledo's glass heritage with the Glass City Toledo Shirt.
Why We Love It:
- The eye-catching retro-futuristic font that reads "Glass City", coupled with a graphic of the iconic Toledo City skyline, pays homage to the glass capital.
- The high-quality materials that ensure it will be a long-lasting addition to your wardrobe.
- The fact that it's printed in downtown Toledo!
The combination of retro vibes and soft hand feel means you’ll soon have this shirt on heavy rotation and proudly showing it off in shorts weather.
Whether you're from Toledo or just passing through the Glass City, don't forget to add the Glass City Toledo Shirt to your list of unique gifts from Toledo to take back home.
2 - Show Your Support for the Toledo Mud Hens With the Glass City Colorblock Pack-N-Go Windbreaker
As sure as ranch dressing is a food group, Toledo is Mud Hen territory.
You can’t help but add the versatile and stylish Glass City Colorblock Pack-N-Go Windbreaker to your Toledo souvenir collection as you join in on our collective team spirit.
The windbreaker features a vibrant red top and deep blue bottom half, inspired by the signature colors of the Toledo Mud Hens. It’s the perfect item to wear for a day out on the lake or to one of the Mud Hen’s baseball games.
Are we wild about our sports teams here in the Midwest? If the popularity of the mascots Muddy and Muddona is anything to go by, we’ve got major league love for our Toledo Mud Hens.
That’s why the Glass City Colorblock Pack-N-Go Windbreaker makes a fantastic gift for any Toledoan or Mud Hens fan.
Why We Love It:
- It’s a practical, wind and water-resistant, excellent for hiking, fly fishing, or catching a baseball game.
- It’s lightweight and packs into its own front pouch pocket, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- It lets you show off your love for the Glass City and our sports scene.
- It’s roomy, with an oversized fit and bungee string at the waist and hood to make it even more comfortable for a whole day outdoors.
Whether you bleed Mud Hens blue, dig the sports vibe around here, or you're simply looking for a gift for someone who loves both sports merch and our city of Toledo, this jacket's a surefire winner.
3 - Toast to Toledo With the Glass City Shot Glass
Sharing a brewski with friends over a game of cornhole might be the best way to wind down the weekend. The next best thing is a toast to your Toledo memories with a smooth drink in your Glass City Shot Glass.
Why We Love It:
- It's got the silhouette of downtown Toledo's skyline and shows off our nickname, the Glass City, in a retro font.
- It says, “I think you're a whole lotta fun!” to whomever you’re gifting it to.
- It’s useful for all sorts of celebrations or just hanging out with friends. Or if you're feeling fancy, just stick it up on your bookshelf as a little something to remind you of your awesome trip to the Glass City.
Head on over to our full shot glass collection on the Jupmode website. You can turn them into Toledo-themed stocking stuffers.
4 - Glass City Ornament: A Festive Addition to Your Holiday Decor
Speaking of stocking stuffers, the Glass City Ornament is the cherry on top of a perfect Toledo holiday season filled with family, Nights of Light displays, and tons of buckeye candy.
This ornament has the iconic skyline of Toledo smack-dab on it, backed by a shiny silver color that’ll have your tree all decked out for the holidays. It captures the true spirit of the Glass City during the most wonderful time of the year.
What's more, the retro-stylized “Glass City” completes the whole shebang, because vintage style is something that we at Jupmode hold near and dear to our hearts.
Can’t you just picture the Glass City Ornament glinting merrily amongst your holiday baubles as you pass round the hot dish?
Fun Ways To Use It:
- Create a centerpiece: Arrange it in a bowl or on your sideboard along with some pine cones, holly, and candles. It'll be the talk of the party, don'tcha know!
- String up a garland: String the Glass City Ornament together with other holiday decor items on a length of twine then hang them across your mantel or staircase, and there you go, your very own indoor Holiday Trolley Tour.
- Fill a fancy vase: To create a festive decoration and conversation starter, fill a clear vase with the ornament and others from your travels.
You can pair the Glass City Ornament with the Toledo High Level Bridge Ornament that sports one of Toledo's most well known landmarks: the 90-year-old Anthony Wayne Bridge.
Ope, we almost forgot to add the Ope Ornament to the list.
5 - Toledo's Rich History on Display: The Glass City 1837 Shirt
Let's take a little trip back to a time when things weren't so cut and dry to understand why the Toledo Ohio Glass City 1837 Shirt is so iconic.
You see, there was a whole lot of squabbling going on between Michigan and Ohio over which state got to claim the Toledo strip, the planned end point of the Miami and Erie canals.
It was finally awarded to Ohio in 1836 and the Toledo City charter was signed on January 7, 1837.
Why We Love It:
- Its design is simple but eye-catching. Staying true to Jupmode’s signature retro vibes, it features the founding year, 1837, and the phrase, "Glass City," right up front.
- It takes you down memory lane to Toledo's past and celebrates the Glass City’s more than 180 years of history.
- It’s as cozy as a warm hug, thanks to its athletic gray tri-blend fabric. It's high quality, with a soft, worn-in feel that'll make it your new favorite vintage tee.
Whether you've been living in Toledo your whole life or you left your heart in Toledo, the Toledo Ohio Glass City 1837 Shirt is a must-have souvenir.
It's a reminder of the city's rich history and a symbol of pride for anyone who loves Toledo.
6 - Glass City Hoodie: A Stylish and Comfortable Way to Represent Toledo's Legacy
What do you wear to sample Tony Packo’s famous Hungarian hot dogs, get lost in nature in one of the dozen Metroparks in Toledo, or grab a bite to eat in the Docks?
The Glass City Hoodie.
It’s just the right mix of timeless, retro style, and community pride.
Why We Love It:
- The hoodie's taupe gray color is pigment-dyed, so no two hoodies are exactly the same. Plus, it has that retro look that we love here at Jupmode.
- The cotton-polyester blend ensures it's cozy and soft, just like pure cotton, without all the crazy wrinkles and shrinkage. And the pigment dyeing process only adds to its softness.
- The unique design celebrates Toledo's legacy as the Glass City with a fancy serif font that looks like it's straight out of the movies.
If you're on the hunt for high-quality Toledo keepsakes that can serve both outdoors and on a cozy day in, you’ve hit the jackpot with the Glass City Hoodie.
7 - Show Your Toledo Pride With the Glass City Baseball Raglan
The Midwest is famous for tailgating parties for a reason. We take our college and pro sports seriously around here.
If Toledo were a person, you’d describe them as welcoming, friendly, hardworking, and down-to-earth with an uncomplicated style.
And this classic raglan-style shirt with its minimal “Glass City” design is the embodiment of what such a person would wear.
But this shirt is more than just a nod to Toledo's glass-making legacy. It's also a celebration of its present, future, sports, community, art, and the welcoming Midwestern friendliness.
Why We Love It:
- Unisex: It looks good on anyone, man or woman, whether they have broad or narrow shoulders.
- Athletic: The raglan style makes you look sporty, so you’ll fit right in with the diehard baseball fans whether you're truly one of them or not.
- Casual: It's perfect for creating a laid-back, informal look that you can wear to a baseball game or just hanging out with your neighbors in the yard.
- Nostalgic: It’s been around for over a century, and has that classic, retro feel that takes you back to the fun times of the ‘70s and ‘80s.
Of course, the Glass City Baseball Raglan isn't just a shirt for the ballpark.
It's a versatile shirt that works for afternoons on the lake or a church bar crawl with friends—which is why Jupmode has a collection of them.
Check out other designs of the nostalgic Toledo baseball raglan shirt in the table below.
Toledo Script Raglan
Let everyone know that Toledo is the place to be with this bold and stylish raglan
The comfortable fit and eye-catching design make it perfect for showing your pride in Toledo
Toledo Sports Arena Rock 'N' Roll Raglan
Celebrate Toledo's music history with this rock 'n' roll raglan featuring the iconic Toledo Sports Arena
With a comfortable fit and stylish design, this raglan is perfect for music lovers and Toledo enthusiasts alike
“Comfy, quality tees. I have several, including my new Lake Erie shirt. Svc is top notch in-store and online.”
— Robert B., Verified Buyer
Glass City Souvenirs: A Unique Way to Show Your Toledo Pride
Whether we love the Glass City isn’t up for debate. Toledo has so much to offer from its rich history and culture to the Midwestern warmth of Toledoans and, of course, our Mud Hens.
To do these sites and memories of the Glass City justice, you need locally sourced Toledo gifts, brimming with Midwestern good vibes.
And you’re spoiled for choice with Jupmode's Glass City souvenirs.
From shot glasses to windbreakers, these unique gifts from Toledo capture the essence of the city and its vibrant community.
A little more history of Toledo, the Glass City:
Let’s not forget the beloved Toledo Mud Hens celebrated by the Glass City Colorblock Pack-N-Go Windbreaker, which is also great for outdoor activities.
“A great experience. I am super impressed with the responsiveness and professionalism of everyone I worked with. The shirts were delivered quicker than I expected and the quality of the finished product was excellent. Thanks, Jupmode.”
— Steve M., Verified Buyer