Where Can You Get Something Embroidered in Columbus
Jupmode was born out of love for all things Ohio, so if you’re looking to get something embroidered in Columbus, Ohio, you couldn’t do better than Jupmode.
For more than a decade and a half, we’ve been masters of custom printing and embroidery, creating fun and fresh apparel for Midwesterners at heart and helping businesses put their brand on.
Custom embroidery gives a professional finish to your apparel. It works best for bold logos and text designs with bold lines.
We'd like to walk you through the custom embroidery process at Jupmode, which includes:
- How your custom embroidery is done
- The right garments to get embroidered
- The key embroidery factors to look out for before you order
How To Get Your Custom Embroidery Done
So you have a great idea to create custom embroidered apparel for your business. What's next?
1 - Select the Garment To Be Custom Embroidered
The first step is to provide us with the details of your project as you request your no-obligation quote.
What do we need to know?
- Due date of the project
- Color of threads to be used
- Color and fabric of the garment
- Item you would like embroidered
- Location of design on the garment
- Quantity of items to be customized with breakdown of items per size
- Logo or design to be embroidered
2 - Receive Your Order Quote
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to pricing for custom embroidered apparel.
Some of the elements that influence the cost include:
- Garment type: For example, t-shirts will range anywhere from $4–$15. Polos can range from $20-$60.
- Stitch count: A big logo can use upwards of 20000 stitches depending on complexity and is more expensive while smaller logos can take as little as 1500 stitches.
- Add-on services: If you have a digitization file for hats but order apparel and bags as well, you’ll need new digitized files for each type of item.
- Complexity and placement of design: For instance, a frontal embroidery design on a cap will cost less than decorating both the front and sides or back as well.
- Bulk orders often attract a discounted price.
- Additional charges may apply for rush orders.
3 - Digitize Your Design
We convert your logo or artwork into a format, which the embroidery machine can execute as stitches. For this, we use software specific to the machine and add the cost of this service into your quote.
This is a one time fee per digitized file. So if you re-order embroidered polos from us, you will only have to pay the digitizing fee once.
Design elements that present quality challenges to your embroidered design include:
- Gradients: The machine can only sew so small. If you are blending colors together of fading a color into a gradient, the transition will be more noticeable than digital or screen print.
- Drop shadows, distressed or textured graphics: Embroidery is physical. Textured, faded, or distressed areas on the graphic don’t come out well.
- Small text and too thin lines: Tiny details, such as fonts with serifs, often disappear in embroidered design because of the bulk of the thread. Keep lines clean and simple. The minimum text size for embroidery is .25" high.
4 - Finish and Ship the Order
After your order is embroidered, there are finishing tasks involved with completing it - trimming excess thread, removing backing, folding, and boxing.
We then ship it to your location of choice. Our primary shipping carrier is UPS but we can use other shipping providers as requested.
What could delay your order?
- If your order includes garments or items that go out of stock between order approval and ordering.
- If you request changes to the order mid-production.
We’re excited when we can bring our client’s vision to fruition, as in Don’s experience:
"Wow! What an impressive turnaround on our order of embroidered polo shirts. They turned out perfectly, and we were all left very pleased with the entire experience."
— Don C
What We Can Embroider for You
Anything that we can lay reasonably flat and fit an embroidery hoop onto, we can customize for you with quality embroidery.
The most common items we decorate with embroidery are:
- Jackets, sweatshirts, and hoodies
- Hats and beanies
When choosing the right garment to carry your embroidered design well, consider the weight and durability of the fabric.
Lightweight performance fabrics need to stretch and be mobile and are therefore best suited to small designs. On the other hand, heavier fabrics like pure cotton, denim, and canvas lend their weight and durability to almost any embroidery design.
Check out our custom embroidery process for beanies on our six-head machine.
What About Embroidery Machines?
At Jupmode, our six-head machine can work on six items simultaneously, delivering 600–750 stitches per minute. Our machines are manufactured by Tajima who is widely considered the best embroidery machine manufacturer in the world.
Our embroidery machines require digitized designs—a format that it can execute.
The key elements of this digitized design include:
- Embroidery design size
- Stitch type, which may include one or all of: run stitch, satin stitch, fill stitch
- Stitch direction
- Embroidery thread colors and placement
- Trace to ensure the border of the artwork fits within the hoop frame
Does Your Columbus Area Business Require Custom Embroidery?
What are you waiting for? You now have all the details you need for outstanding, brand-appropriate merch.
If you’re looking for a custom embroidery partner in the Columbus, Ohio area, reach out to us at Jupmode. For the past 15 years we’ve been serving Midwestern businesses and customers with high-quality, fun, and fresh customized apparel. We’d love to do the same for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What add-on services do you provide?
With any bulk embroidery order, we provide add-on services to make it easier to deliver stellar embroidered merch to your customers, including:
- Drop shipping: We ship the customized items directly to your customers.
- Artwork redesign: We improve your logo or digitize your business’ vintage logo.
- Sampling: We send you a photo or sample to give you a clear idea of what your final product will look like.
- Poly bagging: We pack your merch in poly bags and seal them, ready for shipping.
In which format should I send my design files for custom embroidery?
It's always best to send vector-based file types, such as AI (Adobe Illustrator), PDF (Portable Document Format), or EPS (Encapsulated PostScript). This is because you can easily scale vectors to almost unlimited sizes while retaining your high resolution—meaning all your lovely design details are visible.
The alternative is to use a raster-graphics file, such as PNG (Portable Network Graphic), which doesn’t lose quality or resolution when you open and re-save it. This format also handles detailed, high-contrast or transparent and semi-transparent images well.
Where is Jupmode located?
Jupmode has two locations. All our custom screen printing and embroidery work takes place at 2022 Adams Street, Toledo,Ohio, while our retail store is at Cricket West, 3142 Markway Road, Toledo, Ohio.
Share on Facebook: